Sunday 22 April 2018

A Welcome Sign On A Short Run.


      After six months of medical problems and a prolonged winter and forced inactivity, my thoughts were sadly turning to, would I ever get out on the bike again. Saturday was a beautiful day so after a few trials of trying to get my leg over and onto the bike and back off again, I set off. I picked an easy run, very easy, and a short run, very short, I decided to follow the Forth and Clyde canal for a bit and then return by the same route. I was hoping that the legs wouldn't complain too much, to my delight they didn't. The pace was down as was the gears I was using, but what the hell, here I was pedaling in beautiful sunshine, ah, the exhilaration. Not far along my journey I had to stop and take a photo of a very welcoming sight, an unknown friend had been busy with their paint can.
      So the first run of the late start season over, and looking forward to building it up, weather permitting, after all, this is Scotland, land of the mist and the heather. 

A welcoming sign.

A wee seat at Kirkintilloch to sit and enjoy the canal.

Visit ann arky's home at radicalglasgow.me.uk
 

2 comments:

  1. The red bicycle rolls again! So, we can confirm that spring has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very late spring, and today it is raining. We must be the only country in the wold that can get four season in one day. However, ever the optimist, I believe we will have a wonderful warm and dry summer.

    ReplyDelete